Courtesy of Online Education this graphic shows some of the advantages and disadvantages social media has on the college student.
A few of the most notable facts include:
- 96% of students use Facebook
- Almost half of all students on Facebook consider themselves sadder than their friends
- Grades are positively affected by collaborative work online
- “Facebook Addiction” is searched 350x more than “Cigarette Addiction”
- Social media users feel more “connected to their institution”
- 1 in 3 students use social media for educational purposes